About the Speaker
Ann Welch, M.Ed., is a talented and versatile educator who instructs teens and young adults in developing vital skills for achieving success in life. As an educator, special educator, and educational leader for more than 30 years, Ann has what it takes to guide students in developing self-motivation, confidence, and a “can-do” attitude. Through consulting, workshops, speaking engagements, and online classes, Ann provides engaging and personalized instruction for developing goal-setting skills and fostering resilience and grit. Having worked with kids and adults, in and out of special education, Ann is adept at teaching the 21st-century skills necessary for ALL kids to pursue their dreams!
- More than 30 years of experience in public, private, special education and homeschool settings.
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, New England College, Henniker, NH
- NH Licenses in Curriculum Administration, General Special Education (K-12), Elementary Education (K-8)
- Experience as
- Homeschool Mom, Public and Private School Mom!
- Homeschool Teacher and Consultant;
- Curriculum and Instruction Specialist;
- Adjunct Instructor in the M.Ed. program at Franklin Pierce University;
- Special Education, High School, Middle School, Elementary, and Title I Teacher;
What I Do:
I believe that for success in this world, people need: a sense of who they are, a purpose or direction to go in, a plan for getting there, a way to evaluate their plan, and the skills necessary to edit and revise their plan if needed.
Teenagers and young adults are just coming into their own. They are uncovering and discovering who they are and what they want out of life. Many times, they lack basic skills to help them on their way. Skills such as self-awareness, goal-setting and evaluating, self-advocacy, avoiding thinking traps, nourishing a growth- mindset, effective communication, time-management…
When these skills are missing, it can result in struggles at home or with academics, inability to find a job or keep a job, low self-esteem, lack of motivation, constantly being late or missing deadlines…
Through my personalized approach, I help teens and young adults:
- Develop self-awareness to clearly understand their strengths and challenges.
- Learn how to set goals and monitor their progress.
- Create plans for overcoming obstacles.
- Evaluate and reflect on their work toward achieving goals, editing and changing strategies as necessary.
- Celebrate success!
Just For You:
It is an honor to be a part of the Homeschool Connect Expo. I invite you to join my private Facebook group for parents, caregivers, teens, and young adults called "Supporting the Teen Journey Into Adulting" at https://facebook.com/groups/teenadulting
I have prepared a special page for you on my website, where you can find replays of my speeches, free handouts, and special expo discounts for classes and services. Visit my website at https://mypepllc.com/expo-2020 for more information. While you are there, feel free to sign up for a free half-hour consultation.